What is the Kent & Medway Care Record (KM Care Record)?
The Kent & Medway Care Record is an Electronic Health Record linking system that provides a read-only summary of that data (information) to a health or social care professional when required for the purpose of providing your health and social care. The system, provided by Graphnet, brings together patient/client’s information across health and social care systems in a secure manner, giving a summary of your information from within a number of local records.
Benefits of such a system are:
- Improved quality of care – information about your care will be instantly available to professionals to enable accurate diagnosis and on-going treatment. Duplication of tests will be avoided.
- Improved patient safety – there will be greater visibility for health and social care providers about your current medications, allergies and adverse reactions.
- Reduced delays in care – test results will be readily available reducing waiting times.
The KM Care Record pulls your information from several important areas of health and care including:
- Primary care e.g. GP practices
- Community services
- Mental health services
- Social care
- Secondary care e.g. hospitals
- Specialist services e.g. South East Ambulance services
Additional data may also be collected online within KM Care Record Forms for both direct patient care and social care. These are typically use for patient assessments and planning of services, e.g.
- Frailty record
- Falls assessment
- Nutrition assessment
- Respiratory assessment
- Heart failure care plan
- Integrated care and support plan
All organisations take the duty to protect your personal information and confidentiality very seriously and are committed to taking all reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of personal information for which they are responsible. The KM Care Record system has been built in such a way as to ensure its use can be audited at any time. This allows confidentiality to be monitored where necessary.