Data Protection Privacy Notice for the Kent & Medway Care Record (KM Care Record) Service
About the KM Care Record
Welcome. The KMCR is a secure virtual health and social care record used only by health and care organisations across the Kent and Medway areas including:
- GP practices currently registered with Kent and Medway Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG)
- NHS Kent and Medway CCG
- 4 NHS Trusts and 2 Mental Health Trusts
- 3 Community Providers:
- South East Coast Ambulance Service
- Kent County Council and Medway Council Social Care Teams
- Out of Hours providers
A full list of current and proposed providers can be found in the section "Organisations we share your personal information with" below.
Information recorded about you across the NHS and care organisations
When you contact an NHS or care organisation as a patient / service user, organisations collect information about you and keep records about the care and services provided. If you contact organisations for any other reason they may also record information about you e.g. complaints or dealing with Freedom of Information requests.
All partner organisations listed are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office to process your personal information in accordance with the current Data Protection Act 2018 and any subsequent revisions. The data protection notifications for all participating organisations can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk. This guidance explains the types of information that is recorded about you, why this is necessary and the ways in which this information may be used. It also covers:
- What the Kent & Medway Care Record (KMCR) is
- The purpose(s) of the sharing
- The categories of information we share
- Our legal reason for sharing
- The full list of organisations we share your information with
- How the information will be made available
- How long we keep your record
- How we keep your personal information safe and secure
Reviews of and Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will review the information contained within this notice regularly and update it as required. We therefore recommend that you check this webpage regularly to remain informed about the way in which we use your information.
This version was last updated by the KM Care Record on the 04/08/2021
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.