As well as our practice, there are many other local NHS services you can contact for health advice, information or treatment. Before you do, remember that you can treat many minor ailments such as colds, coughs and indigestion by keeping a well-stocked medicine cabinet at home. We suggest you keep the following:
- Mild laxatives
- Anti-diarrhoeal medicines
- Rehydration mixture
- Indigestion remedy ( for example, antacids )
- Travel sickness tablets
- Sunscreen – SPF 15 or higher
- Sunburn treatment ( for example calamine )
- Tweezers and sharp scissors
- A thermometer
- A selection of plasters, non-absorbent cotton wool, elastic bandages and dressings.
- Keep the medicine chest in a secure, locked place out of reach of small children
- Always read the instructions and use the suggested dose
- Watch expiry dates – don’t keep or use medicines past their sell-by date
- Take all unwanted and out-of-date medicines back to the pharmacy
Your local Pharmacist
Your local pharmacist will be able to give you free health advice at any time – you don’t need an appointment. Many pharmacies operate extended hours on a rota basis. Call NHS Direct for details.
Sevenoaks Phlebotomy Service
This service is based at Sevenoaks Hospital, although in response to the COVID 19 pandemic, Sevenoaks Phlebotomy Service is now strictly BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Please call the surgery on 01959 523929 to book a timed appointment for your blood test. You will require your NHS No. for the appointment as paper blood test forms are no longer issued.
Local Minor Injuries Unit
There is a local Minor Injuries Unit based at Sevenoaks Hospital. It is open from 08:00 to 20:00.
Minor Injuries Unit
01732 470202 / 203
Local NHS Walk-in Centre
You can also access treatment for minor injuries and illnesses at an NHS walk-in centre. Details of the nearest walk-in centres are listed below :-
Maidstone NHS Walk-In Centre
Edridge Road NHS Walk-In Centre
2 Edridge Road
NHS Direct offers free expert health information and advice 24 hours a day on 0845 46 47 or at their website, www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk which also offers an enquiry service. For deaf people and those hard of hearing, a telephone service is available on 0845 606 4647. If English is not your preferred language, you can choose to use a confidential translation service
Accident and Emergency/ 999
What ever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, a stroke, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest accident and emergency department or call 999. Accident and emergency departments are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and can assess serious injuries and provide emergency treatment.
The local Accident and Emergency Departments are at :-
Princess Royal University Hospital
Telephone : 01689 863000
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Telephone : 0845 155 1000
- Dental Surgery (0.4 km)
- Riverhead Dental Practice (3.5 km)
- Dental Surgery (3.7 km)
- Bupa Dental Care (4.1 km)
- J R Dental Practice (4.1 km)
- Total Orthodontics, Sevenoaks (4.6 km)
- Robert Luke And Associates (4.7 km)
- McKenzies Dental Surgery (4.8 km)
- Chelsfield Dental Practice (7.6 km)
- Fourways Dental Surgery (8.1 km)
- Day Lewis Opticians (Riverhead) (3.6 km)
- William J Wilkinson (Sevenoaks) (4.5 km)
- Boots-Sevenoaks (4.7 km)
- Leslie Warren Optician (4.8 km)
- Scrivens Opticians (Sevenoaks) (4.8 km)
- Borough Green Opticians (8.3 km)
- Robert Murrell (9.2 km)
- Asda Opticians (Swanley) (9.3 km)
- William J Wilkinson Limited (9.3 km)
- Thomas H Collison Limited (9.3 km)
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.